Our people can be based “where they do their best work” from either our HQ or from their home (UK based only / VISA sponsorship available). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Come build games with us! We’re looking for someone with a passion for technology, software, and game development! At Dovetail, we’re committed to building enthusiast-driven games based around:
- Large open-world online multiplayer environments
- Exciting gameplay, relying on skill, physics, exploration, and competition
- Cutting edge rendering and detailed mechanical and natural simulation technologies
- Development of multi-platform next generation titles
We’re striving to improve performance, develop and optimise engine extensions, including the latest game engine features. If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you! We pride ourselves on providing great opportunities for career and leadership development. We minimise crunch, and we're based at a brand-new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK.
What We Look For In You
- Extensive knowledge of C++ and software architectures
- Experience in game engines architectures, game frameworks, tools and runtime
- Knowledge of game development pipelines
- Knowledge in refactoring and optimization
- Interest and experience in game technology development
- Good communication skills and team attitude
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, or similar subject
- Experience with Unreal engine
- Very good knowledge of one or more of: multiplayer/networking, graphics, simulation, animation, rendering or audio
- Familiarity with the architecture and constraints of current-gen and next-gen hardware
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eden Red Benefits Package including medical and eyecare
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.