Chief Finance Officer, CFO
Role: Chief Finance Officer, CFO
Team: Legal Board Position – Finance
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
Dovetail Games, a global business, is passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions for our future.
The key responsibilities will include working closely with the CEO and Board to drive commercial insight and profitability; building strong relationships with stakeholders across the group, as well as externally with the PE investors and debt providers, and preparing and leading an exit process.
Responsibilities, include but not exclusive to:
- The CFO will be responsible for leading the company through an exit event and maximising value on exit
- Driving profitability by product and ensuring clear ROI on development spend
- Providing key analysis and insights to the stakeholders
- Work closely with the CEO and other senior executives you will play an influential role in driving the strategy of this growing business
- Advise the board on strategic and governance matters from a financial perspective
- Negotiation with bank and investors to ensure efficient funding of the business
- Ensure company capital and legal structure is efficient
- Deliver Finance related Board Reports and Shareholder updates
- Support the CEO in growing the company by assessing viability of company/IP acquisitions
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct strategic business plans
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- Manage & lead an established finance team
What we look for in you:
- You will be an experienced CFO able to successfully build lasting relationships with stakeholders; ideally you will have worked within a PE-backed environment or gone through an exit process
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Ability to strategise and solve problems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- High level of integrity and dependability
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.