Flight Business Director
Role: Business Director (Flight)
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Business Director for our Flight Simulations, who will lead both the strategic vision and marketing execution for all products under the Flight franchise umbrella – Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition and Flight Sim World.
Reporting into the VP Publishing, the successful candidate will set direction and execute the go-to-market strategies for our sims, monitor KPIs and essential metrics, understand and champion the customer, provide competitive insight into the simulation genre, work collaboratively with Development teams, and ensure fiscal and engagement goals are hit.
- Lead and coordinate the weekly release plans
- Forecast the flight business across the FY (and beyond), with sales, releases, marketing campaigns and events planned and executed against those forecasts
- Manage the Flight Brand and Community team and delivery marketing accordingly
- Work with key stakeholders across the business – QA, Biz Dev, Licensing, 3PP, Brand, Retail and Marketing
- Investigate and secure exclusive content to drive the game franchise forwards
- Be aware of significant developments and provide constant reporting/SWOT analysis on competitors in the simulator space
- Be responsible for achieving revenue targets and overseeing the budget of the Flight franchise
- Work with Development and key stakeholders to deliver successful campaigns and lifecycle marketing activity
- Work with key marketing and PR agencies to grow and shape the success of the products
- Lead strategic negotiations and close key deals with the assistance of the Biz Dev/Legal teams
- Ensure constant and clear internal communication around goals, strategy, tactics and wins
- Lead planning on the annual event calendar for the products, across simulation events, aviation events and games events
What we look for in you:
- Excellent creative experience with detailed and engaging marketing plans – live service very desirable
- A great understanding of the PC and Console simulation genre – with an interest in Flight Simulators
- Ability to shape and outline a clear vision and strategy around a Franchise with multiple products
- Strong analytical, organisation and reporting skills
- A good understanding of publishing on both PC and Console
- Experience of forming marketing strategies and bringing a variety of products and campaigns to market
- Strong communication skills
- Strong team manager
- Diplomatic negotiator with experience of closing deals and understanding the legal context of contracts
- Ability to understand market direction and spot gaps to exploit for commercial benefit
- Ability to manage and help shape a large portfolio of add on content in addition to a portfolio of products
- Be comfortable interacting with a variety of different groups from journalists to partner executives to development teams and more
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the franchise outwardly to any external party
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games.
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits