Assistant Technical Designer
Team: Train Sim World
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds and create breath-taking games. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Technical Designer to work on our Unreal Engine 4 simulations. You will work closely alongside the Design and Production team to help develop and support content for our Train Simulation titles. The successful candidate will have great technical abilities, knowledge of the UE4 editor and excellent attention to detail.
This is a 1 year fixed-term position.
- Assist in the research and planning of Design content for different Routes in Production
- Use reference tools and documentation to ensure authentically accurate rail experiences
- Assist in the creation, integration and testing of Scenarios and Tutorials for different Locos and Rolling Stock on Routes in Production.
- Critically review designs and tools functionality at each stage of development to improve processes
- Working as part of a team to resolve design and gameplay issues as they emerge during development
- Create suitable documentation for internal and external audiences
- Assist with testing and bug-fixing where necessary
What we look for in you:
- Knowledge and practical use of UE4 and UE4 Blueprints
- Experience of working in the games industry beneficial
- Must be a creative but practical problem solver
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated and organised
Why work for us?:
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities