Role: QA Coordinator
Team: QA & Localisation
Location: Stirling, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Coordinator to take ownership of delivering game content in and out of QA, ready for publishing. You will be a mentor for the QA Testers to increase their knowledge of testing techniques, and work closely with the QA Manager to ensure our products are of as high a quality as possible for our customers.
- Managing test projects of assigned products
- Supervising functional testing of assigned projects
- Check bugs reported during test execution in the bug tracking system
- Assess new game content against alpha/beta entry criteria and test exit criteria
- Update and maintain test cases for all products
- Act as a mentor for QA testers in order to help them increase their knowledge of testing techniques, assisting them to progress and expand their skills
- Provide support to all members of the QA team when any new methodologies are rolled out to ensure that any new testing processes are consistently understood and followed
- Evaluation and analysis of testing techniques utilised throughout QA, using software quality metrics to improve/refine any techniques where possible
- Assist in test design for any assigned titles
- Collaborate with QA Manager and Development leads in order to highlight any areas of potential risk within a title. Tailor test case design to focus on any areas of high risk identified by development
What we look for in you:
- Strong QA Testing experience in the video games industry
- Experience testing across multiple platforms (PC and console would be beneficial)
- Excellent knowledge of QA test processes, including functional testing
- Ideally ISTQB certified
- Experience of mentoring/coaching other QA Testers beneficial
- Ability to communicate in a European language (particularly French, German, Russian) advantageous
- A passion for video games
Why work for us?
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.