Role: Build / Tools Engineer
Team: UE4 Game Teams
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are seeking a qualified Build/Tools Engineer who will report into the Technical Director. The successful candidate will assist in the design, implementation and continuing support of cross platform build systems, continuous integration build systems, profiling tools, patching systems and packaging systems across multiple branched environments.
- Works with the game technology leads to design and define development infrastructure
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and iteration of build and deployment systems
- Responsible for automated testing and reporting systems
- Test and refine code and systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Assist in the planning and estimation of work on their backlog
- Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and game production skills
What we look for in you:
- Expertise in cross platform build systems in Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of multiple branched environments
- Knowledge in Unreal Engine 4 build process a benefit
- Expertise in one or more scripting languages (Python, Lua, Java, Bash)
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Great communicator and team player
- A passion to deliver quality simulation software
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.