Role: Lead Programmer
Team: Flight Sim World
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Lead Programmer to manage the Engineering Team and oversee the development of a constantly evolving simulation experience. Reporting into the Technical Director and working very closely with the Executive Producer, you will be the key point of contact for all programming issues and lead the technical delivery of Flight Sim World.
- Managing a high-quality Programming team – oversee all elements including gameplay, tools, graphics, UI etc
- Work with other development teams (Art & Design) to bring together an ever evolving experience for our flight sim community
- Champion technical quality in the game
- Inspire and coach the team to meet project quality levels and deadlines
- Be involved with project planning – identify and address areas for improvement
- Be forward thinking – stay up to date with current techniques & research and integrate them into development
What we look for in you:
- Proficient in C++ with strong game development experience
- At least one shipped AAA title where credited as a Senior or Lead Programmer
- PC/Windows development experience
- Excellent people skills and the desire to coach and develop those around you
- Strong understanding of the entire development process
- Experience operating within an Agile project management environment beneficial
- Experience working with large existing code bases
- Experience or an interest in aviation in general, or flight simulation would be beneficial but not essential
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games.
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits