Role: Outsource Artist
Team: UE4 Game Teams
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition we are looking for an experienced 3D Artist to join us in a role that is roughly 50% hands on art, creating beautiful simulation experiences, and 50% leading and collaborating with our external art partners to integrate a wide range of environments and game assets.
- Create beautiful, realistic assets and environments for our simulation experiences
- Manage communications and provide feedback to our art partners
- Help maintain a strong creative relationship between our internal art team and external art teams
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support our external partners
- Works with the Lead Artist to maintain quality control over all incoming art assets
- Contribute to the art generation effort by creating models and materials when required
- Coordinate with the development manager to schedule and track incoming assets
What we look for in you:
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Quixel and Substance Painter
- Great communicator and team player
- Ability to create art assets to a high standard, with a great attention to detail
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4 & UE4 Material creation beneficial
- Good understanding of most CG techniques and technologies
- Shipped at least one PC or next-gen console title
- A passion to deliver quality simulation software
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games.
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.