Assistant Project Manager
Role: Assistant Project Manager – UE4 Simulations
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a highly talented and dedicated Assistant Project Manager (APM), reporting into the Development Manager, to assist with the task tracking and reporting of progress on our UE4 based simulation games. The APM should thrive in a cross-game, quality focussed and fast paced development environment. As an APM within Dovetail Games you’ll be responsible for working with the leads of game features to assist with the task breakdown, tracking and reporting of simulation features, maintaining game schedules of both internal and external resources on a day to day basis.
- Assist in the project management for various dev disciplines and feature teams supporting the Development Manager
- Collaborate with team members to establish realistic expectations for timelines & deliverables
- Monitoring change requests and reporting significant changes to scope to Dev Manager and Senior Producer
- Help determine potential production/process problems or improvements
- Collaborating with Development Manager and Senior Producer to develop and plan schedules based on business objectives
- Dealing with minor production problems and coordinating staff towards a resolution
What we look for in you:
- Project Management Qualifications in at least one recognised methodology beneficial
- 2+ years Project Management or Production experience in a software development role
- Good knowledge of software product life cycles, tools, processes and execution planning
- Experience keeping complicated, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule
- Extremely organized, able to manage multiple projects concurrently, able to adapt quickly to new tools, processes and challenges
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Excellent work-life balance
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.