Software Engineer - Trains
Role: Software Engineer
Team: Train Sim World
Location: Chatham or Stirling
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, Dovetail Games is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and talented Software Engineer to work within a small and passionate team developing Train Sim World. The successful candidate must have the ability to design, develop, document, test and maintain gameplay systems and game features as well as demonstrate the key soft skills required to work within a quality driven environment.
Please note: This job role is open to our Chatham or Stirling office.
- Driving systems and gameplay features through all stages of production.
- Able to implement engine and tools features within schedule and to an expected quality level.
- Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions.
- Optimising and maintaining the existing code base
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and game production skills
- Ensuring the gameplay experience is consistent across multiple formats
What we look for in you:
- Games industry experience of game design & implementation
- Excellent, proven software engineering track record on gameplay features
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles and practice.
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- In depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 is desired, but not essential.
- Experience of interfacing with graphics, physics, animation, audio, and online systems
- Profiling, analysis and optimisation skills.
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.