Graduate Programmer - Euro Fishing
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Graduate Programmer to join the team developing Euro Fishing. Reporting into the Lead Programmer, you will primarily be coding in C++ and working with Unreal Engine 4 to develop both core simulation and gameplay features.
Responsibilities of Graduate Programmer:
- Developing systems and gameplay features through all stages of production
- Implement engine and tool features within schedule and to a high quality level
- A demonstrable willingness to develop software engineering process and game production skills
- Working both individually and as part of a team on various features
- Optimising and maintaining existing code base
What we look for in you:
- A good degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Excellent team work, but also a good self-motivator
- Proficiency in Maths / 3D Algebra is highly desirable
- A methodical approach to code analysis and debugging
- Strong Unreal Engine 4 experience is beneficial
Why work for Dovetail Games?
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of the game
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.