Lead UE4 Game Designer
Role: Lead UE4 Game Designer
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a talented Lead Game Designer to join our passionate team developing Euro Fishing across PC, Xbox One and PlayStation4, utilising Unreal Engine 4 technology. Reporting into the Producer, the Lead Designer will create, design and implement features and game updates to ensure our simulation games, based on Unreal Engine 4 technology, are authentic, appealing, challenging and fun forour hobbyists and players worldwide.
This role would suit an Experienced/Senior Game Designer who is looking for their step into a Lead Game Design position.
- Lead our small but skilled and passionate design team
- Ideation and creation of design features and future game updates
- Creation and maintenance of design documents used by feature teams to develop our Fishing simulations
- Creation, Implementation and balancing of game features using Unreal Engine 4
- Provide insight to anticipate technical/workflow issues and provide solutions
- Ownership, management and implementation of the localisation database
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute design plan to a high quality
What we look for in you:
- A great knowledge of games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work
- Passion and aptitude for practical game and simulation system development
- Strong communication with people at all levels of the business, with the ability to outline and explain gameplay features to a cross-disciplinary team
- Experience balancing complex gameplay systems
- Practical knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints is beneficial
- Experience implementing console community support features is desirable
- Knowledge of angling or fishing games is desirable but not required
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our Fishing franchise
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.