QA Tester- Online Platform
QA Tester - Online Platform
Team: Dovetail Live
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for an Embedded QA Tester to work on our online platform – Dovetail Live. You will help and maintain an in-house set of online tools and libraries used within and out of Dovetail Games such as authentication, 1st party interactions, messaging, multiplayer, customer support and others. Working as part of the Dovetail Live development team, you will be building test plans around new features and be the point of communication to the further QA group for all online components. Reporting into the Dovetail Live Programme Manager, you will be a vital player in pushing the quality needs of the service forwards.
Please note: This is a monthly rolling contract.
- Managing workload across a number of service features to meet key deadlines
- Write, update and carry out test plans and test cases for web, console, PC and mobile
- Be an expert point of contact for test / feature queries
- Report, investigate and follow up on bugs for the platform life cycle
- Assess, measure and report on the overall quality of a service features and actively participate in its development
What we look for in you:
- Solid knowledge of bug tracking tools (like JIRA) and knowledge sharing tools (like Confluence)
- Outstanding understanding of the current gaming and technology trends in the online space
- Strong professional experience as a QA tester
- Understanding of the software development process in an agile environment
- Experience as embedded QA with PC, console, web, iOS, Android and/or HTML 5 clients is beneficial
- Preferably: experience in web services, game services testing
- Fluent English is mandatory
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.