Lead Software Engineer
Team: Euro Fishing
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, UK
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join the Euro Fishing game team. This role involves leadership of the design, planning, implementation and debugging of the game from the engineering perspective; working closely with design, art and production as well as mentoring the other engineers to create a great Fishing simulation game experience.
- Collaborates with creative team (Production, Design, Art & Animation leads) on adapting and maximizing the Gameplay feature set as well as creating a roadmap of compelling, achievable and fun Fishing game features and core updates
- Assess project risks and identify key dependencies during design and planning phases across all PC and console platforms
- Manage and lead the engineering team, mentoring staff and managing their day to day and long term career goals
- Review and provide feedback on technical designs and code written by other software engineers
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipelines and other game related sub-components and packages
- Undertake performance profiling and optimisation of the UE4 engine across multiple platforms
What we look for in you:
- Extensive experience developing video games/applicable software
- 2+ years in a Senior or Lead Software Engineer position
- Expert with standard software engineering tools of the trade (Visual Studio, etc)
- Excellent working knowledge of C++
- Good working knowledge of 3D maths
- Experience developing software using Agile project management methodologies
- Excellent people management and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine beneficial
Why work for us?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are unfortunately unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to work in the UK.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities