Team: Flight Simulation
Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, UK.
We are looking for a Tools Programmer to maintain and develop the suite of tools for our Flight Simulation products. Reporting into the Lead Programmer, they will help the team produce quality content for the games.
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
Responsibilities of a Tools Programmer:
- Plan and build new tools and technology features
- Work directly on improving and extending the content authoring tools used by the team
- Work closely with the leads and other members of the team to eliminate bottlenecks in the content pipeline
- Work well with other engineers, designers and artists
What we look for in a Tools Programmer:
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C#
- 3+ years professional programming experience
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
- Knowledge of the following is a bonus: WPF, Python, ActionScript, Win32
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Software engineering or related degree, or equivalent professional experience
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm for simulation based games is a bonus
Why work for us?
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics. However, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.