Location: Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent
Team: Flight Simulation Development
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Graphics Engineer to join the game creation process and work across a variety of rendering disciplines such as VFX, lighting, post processing and optimisation. This critical role will work with the Lead Programmer and Lead Artist to highlight, plan and implement graphics updates within the Flight Simulator engine. Pushing the visual boundaries is key to our vision for Flight Simulator and hence, candidates will require great vision and technique in order to help us achieve this.
Key Responsibilities of a Graphics Engineer:
- Develop and maintain high quality rendering applications within the existing engine framework
- Research, innovate and implement long term real-time rendering techniques
- Work closely with a cross-discipline team to provide highly productive and effective art and content workflows
- Undertake performance profiling and optimisation of the engine across multiple platforms
What we look for in a Graphics Engineer:
- Excellent knowledge of graphics pipelines and hardware architecture
- High confidence in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Expert with standard software engineering tools of the trade (Visual Studio, etc)
- Good working knowledge of C++
Why work for Dovetail Games?
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday, increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.