If you have received a download code or discount code, read on to find out how to activate it.
First of all, you need to install Steam. Steam is a program which will manage and activate your software. Go to the Steam website here http://store.steampowered.com/about/ and click the green ‘Install Steam Now’ button (see the screenshot below). It won’t cost anything or require any card details.
You will need to create a Steam account to activate and safeguard your personal copy of Train Simulator, so think of a username and password to use for this.
With Steam installed on your PC, you can use the code you have received. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch Steam from your PC desktop or Start menu.
With Steam open, on the bottom-left corner, click on ‘+ADD A GAME’.
2. A small menu will appear. Click on ‘Activate a product on Steam’.
3. A pop-will appear. Click ‘Next’.
4. The Steam User Agreement will appear. If you are happy with the agreement click ‘I Agree’.
5. A box will open for you to enter you code into. Carefully type in your code exactly as it appears. Your code is unique to you and can only be activated once.
6. Then click ‘Next’. If you have received a download code, the game will automatically install. If you have received a discount code, the discount is now associated with your account and will be applied when you add the game to your cart on Steam.
7. Once your game has downloaded, to play go to Steam and click on ‘Library' at the top, and select ‘All Games’ from the dropdown menu. Your game will appear in the left-hand list: simply double-click on it, or right-click on it and select ‘Play Game’. Alternatively, if you opted to add a desktop icon during the installation, you can double-click on the icon to play the game.