- Any and all software we develop and publish (and any and all associated content including but not limited to add-on content, subsequent/future versions and updates) (individually, a “Product” or collectively the "Products"), once you have purchased or downloaded a copy of any of the Products onto your personal computer (“Device”); and
Our Sites and any of the Products may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates and services offered by third parties (including, but not limited to, websites on which any of the Products or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services. Some of these services are noted in section 2 below along with where you can find the related privacy policies for those websites and services.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
In this document:
'we', 'our' or 'us' refers to Dovetail Games, a trading name of RailSimulator.com Limited, a limited company (registered in England, number 6751125), our registered address is: Camburgh House, New Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3DN.
'you' refers to you, the user accessing a service owned or operated by us or playing any Product developed and published by us.
1. Information we collect and how we use it
Depending on the type of Service or Product you use, we will collect different information. The information collected falls in to three broad categories:
- Information collected while you play a Product;
- Information collected when you contact us by email; and
- Information collected when you access any of the Sites.
Each of these is considered separately.
1.1 Information collected while you play a Product and how it is used
Information we collect
We collect information about the features you use and how you use them. We do this to allow us to improve our Products and Services.
The information we may collect includes:
- Personal information: We may collect personal information including but limited to name and contact details, although you are under no obligation to provide this.
- Device information: We may collect device-specific information about the Device you may use to access the Product (such as the hardware you are using, operating system version, browser type etc.).
- Software configuration information: We may collect information about your game configuration (including but not limited to choice of language and country of installation) and content you have installed to better understand how different users around the world access and engage with our Products.
- Game playing information: When you use our Products or Services, we may automatically collect and store certain information on our servers. This may include:
- details of how you used our Product or Services, such as your menu choices;
- details of how you have interacted with the Product, including but not limited to features you have engaged with, scenarios executed in the (and how they're completed) and progress you make within the Product; and
- event information including but not limited to crashes, system activity, hardware settings, operating systems and hardware configuration.
- Add-on content acquisitions: To correctly display content that you have purchased, we keep a record of your acquisitions so that we can show the content you own in a different way from that which you have not yet purchased.
- Web server statistics: Images displayed while loading Product are held on a web server. This, like most web servers, will log the IP address of the machine running the Product along with other parameters describing the route and the language being used.
In gathering the information, we may store an encrypted version of your Steam_ID to allow us to uniquely identify your usage.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for system administration and Service updates and to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Products, including but not limited to the choice of add-on content. Furthermore, we may use such information we collect for the purposes of targeted marketing activity to notify you of new releases, special offers and provide you with retail discounts, as well as related news and promotions.
The web server statistics allow us to monitor traffic patterns to ensure appropriate servers are in place and also to prevent inappropriate use of these servers. This information is strictly for our own use. If, in the future, this is ever made public (for example to potential advertisers, publishers, distributors or licensing partners) it will only be made public in a summary or report form showing aggregated and anonymised information and it will not be possible to identify an individual to whom it may relate.
1.2 Information collected when you contact us by email (such as for support questions)
Information we collect
Submitted Information: We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with any of our Sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will keep a record of your email address; and
- We may keep details of transactions you carry out through any of the Sites.
How we use the information we collect
We use this information to identify problems or potential problems with and opportunities for improving our Products. We may share the contents of your communication with selected third parties where these are relevant to the email that you have sent us (such as referring technical questions to partners such as Valve), but will not do this if the email clearly states NOT FOR PUBLICATION in the title or first line.
We may use your email address to:
- Inform you about our Services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes, improvements, promotions or new products; and
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
If you do wish to stop receiving any marketing communications, please follow the 'unsubscribe' link which can be found at the bottom of each message.
Because we use commercially available web hosting services, they will collect certain information about your usage of the Sites.
These web-hosting services may:
a) log requests made to the server, this includes the kind of browser that you use to access the system; and
b) track your access any of the Sites in order to understand usage patterns and optimise the Sites so that they provide a better experience.
How we use the information collected
We use this information to:
- Ensure that content displayed on our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- Gather information about topics that are of interest so that we can better plan future developments and optimise user features and experiences.
This information is strictly for our own use but if this is ever made public (for example to potential advertisers, publishers, distributors or licensing partners) it will only be made public in a summary or report form showing aggregated and anonymised information and there will not be any possible way that it can be tracked back to an individual. For example, such a report might show how many hits our Sites have received each month.
2. Companies may collect data when using Products and Services provided by us
There are a number of features in our Products that rely on features provided by other, third party companies. Such third party companies may have different privacy policies that you may wish to review. Below is a non-exhaustive list of significant third party companies we work with:
Note: Use of these facilities is provided under the terms set out by each respective company. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these facilities or their policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data.
3. Important notices
3.1. Situations when we will share information with other parties
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Dovetail Games unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- Enforcement: In order to enforce or apply the EULA (see http://www.dovetailgames.com/terms/), and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- For legal reasons: we will share information with companies, organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Dovetail Games, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
3.3 Information security
We work to protect ourselves and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We store data on servers from trusted partners, including but not limited to Microsoft, Amazon and Google; and
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
However, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be absolutely protected. For example, your personal information may be affected by actions outside of our control, such as computer "hacking" and physical theft. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
3.4 Where we store your personal data
3.7 Sensitive information
We do NOT currently collect or store credit card or other financial information on any of our servers. All online card processing is handled through third parties such as Valve. They do NOT make this type of information available to us.
3.9 Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise that right at any time by contacting us at Camburgh House, New Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3DN, United Kingdom OR email@example.com.
3.10 Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
3.11 Our Policy regarding Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on the Sites or for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at the email address specified below.
3.12 Questions and further information
If you have any questions, require clarifications or would like further information on our approach to Your privacy please contact us at dovetailgames.kayako.com
Last modified: 18th May 2016